Thursday, December 28, 2006

Why Hamsters are so Hard to Photograph

Many people make the mistake of attempting to photograph hamsters. This is almost always a futile waste of time. The reason? We scurry. We scurry all the time. On those rare occasions when we stop and strike a pose, you can get a shot like this.


Usually you get shot after shot like this.


If you want to see just how it works, take a look at this video our human caretaker shot while sitting in my room with me. I love to scurry and my favorite toy to scurry on is him!


Anyone want to try and get an unblurred picture of that?

For more scurrying furries, visit this week's Friday Ark.

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Oh, you make me remember why I got rid of our hamster. It was always escaping. That streaky picture is spot-on what I remember of good ol' Cream Puff. They're oh so cute but oh so sneaky.