Sunday, January 14, 2007

Neil Shearing Blog Review

This is a pay per post ad. But had I found his blog on my own, I would have reviewed it here anyway.

Anyone who has read this blog for a while knows that I have written quite a bit analyzing my AdSense results. In short, they suck. Neil Shearing's blog is all about various ways of making money on line. It's got some interesting posts about other financial matters as well. He kind of reminds me of Larry Kudlow. Here's a recent post of his taking on a hysterical article in the press.

Today, in the Telegraph online we have this claim…

“Home repossessions are expected to soar after the Bank of England took the shock decision yesterday to raise interest rates by a quarter of a point to 5.25 per cent.”

Oh, C’mon now! A 0.25% increase in the Bank of England base rate, slightly earlier than expected (and it was expected to happen in February) and suddenly we are hearing that repossessions will “soar”.
Neil goes on to analyze the underlying numbers and finds out that there's nothing alarming going on at all. It's just your typical "let's induce mass panic" articles in the press.

Neil does a good job weeding out winners and losers in on line advertising schemes. Most blogs like his are short on science and long on blather. He actually did a substantial survey upon which he will base future posts. He discusses the survey and the response levels he got at this post.

I was surprised at his response rate. Here at The 'Post, we get response rates on our surveys of about 1-5%. He got substantially more than that. While I'm simply throwing out surveys to readers in my posts, he must be targeting his a little more carefully.

I'm looking forward to his analysis of the survey results.

No comments: