Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sometimes I Wonder if I Read my own Blog

A while back I went through a phase of marketing my World of Good (WOG) posts to a bunch of religious and evangelical bloggers. I was looking for religious bloggers who would link to stories of kindness and good deeds. Other than the WOG Squad members you see on the right, I got nothing. Most of them ignored my requests completely, despite being sent sample posts and links.

In the last week I've found two new bloggers to join the WOG Squad. Mog and Heather. They're both eclectic bloggers and it would take a while reading their sites to find their particular theology.

The everyday acts of kindness by people all around us is one of the themes of the WOGs. Not the acts of Tom Cruise or Pat Robertson or Dr. Laura, but the acts of sailors in the US Navy, doctors in Australia and students at Point Loma Nazarene University. I spent my time looking for the people in the pulpits when I should have been looking for you.

2 comments:

mog said...

Wow, just looked at your blogroll, Archbishop of Texas who also goes by Rabbi Crapman at Misha's. Lair covers all the bases. :)

Thanks for mentioning me again.

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Hey KT Cat - I think I like being described as 'eclectic'!

Funny how life goes, isn't it - sometimes your best supporters are those you expect the least from!

Thanks for the plug - now I'm off to visit Mog's blog to see what she has to say.