Friday, March 23, 2007

Foodblogging

Last week, our Nun of the Above posted a recipe for asparagus with a garlic-lemon sauce. It looked delicious, so last Sunday I decided to build a meal around it. I went for my favorite cookbook, Terry Thomspon's Cajun-Creole Cooking and went back to a recipe I tried before, Rib Eye Steaks with Garlic-Mushroom Sauce. I fried some potatoes and onions with garlic in a separate pan as well.

Because I have derived so much pleasure from Ms. Thompson's cookbook over the years, I won't post her recipe, I'll just leave you with that link to her book. Here are some photos to make you hungry.

The steaks are pan fried, not grilled. I did them for 7 minutes on a side. I wish I had done 6. They were a little overdone.


The mushrooms and garlic cloves are browned and then cooked in beef stock and later in burgundy.


Here are the 'shrooms and garlic cloves after adding the burgundy. It reduced to a lovely caramel. Again, I cooked it a little too long and ended up with carmelized mushrooms instead of a more liquid gravy. It was still delicious, though.


Sister Scribbit and family, are you guys ready for dinner?

The cooking music? Why, it was Louis Prima, of course!

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Looks tasty--and nice variety of color. Funny thing that I worried about posting about asparagus, as it's not at the top of many menu choices around here but I've had a couple people tell me they actually made the recipe. Wow.