Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dinner and a Show

I came home tonight to find that our Maximum Leader had brought in a house guest. This one, to be precise.

It's a young sparrow and it's completely confused by our atrium skylight. It keeps thinking it can get out that way.

Unfortunately, that skylight is 15' up at its closest. Even if I had a net, I wouldn't be able to reach it.

Our Maximum Leader watches, fascinated.

The only thing I can think of to do is to wait until night when the skylight won't seem like a way out and then coax or frighten the bird into a bedroom where the ceiling will be low enough to catch it.

For some hopefully calmer animal-related posts, visit this week's Friday Ark and Carnival of the Cats.

Update: That didn't work. The sparrow has hunkered down for the night and I can't find where in the skylight it is. I've been throwing rags up there, trying to spook it out into flying, but it' not coming out. Tomorrow I need to get my dad's fishing net and attach it to a pole...

Update 2: I got the net and the pole, but never had to use them. After coming home with the net, I found the sparrow down out of the skylight and was able to open a door and shoo the poor little guy out. Our Maximum Leader slept through the whole thing.

2 comments:

Aloysius said...

That was a close call for the sparrow. I confess that I onced dragged a dead bird into the house. I left it on the doormat beside my humans' shoes. They were not happy. Why don't humans like my gifts?

K T Cat said...

Aloysius,

I think that your emotional distress and confusion calls for a poem.