Sunday, April 01, 2007

K T's First Rule of Rototilling

Yesterday I rototilled the vast wasteland that is my front yard. I didn't rent one of those weenie front-tined things, I rented the biggest one I could get, a 13hp, rear-tined beast that looked something like this.


Anyway, as the thing dragged me across the yard, chopping the dirt to tiny bits while making a loud roaring noise, I came up with my First Rule of Rototilling.

Do not form an emotional attachment to any component of your irrigation system.

Luckily, I have a very rudimentary irrigation system right now. The pipes are all there, but only three heads had been installed. The rototiller ate all of them. It also ate two drainage system heads. At first I tried to avoid them, but after a time I just gave up and became fatalistic about it, since the churned dirt quickly covered any trace of them.

So there you have it. With this knowledge, you can rototill wisely from now on.

2 comments:

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Hahahaaaaa.... don't ya just love Spring!

Yes, you may borrow my photo - any of them - as long as you link back. Thanks for asking :)

Sorry, I won't get around visiting very much as I'm on dial up and deckhand duty and galley duty and cleaning duty.... life's rough!

Ron Pereira said...

You are one amazing feline KT. A rototilling cat. What is next?