Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Refusing to Gnaw

I have a confession to make.


I'm not like other rodents. I don't like to gnaw. Our human caretaker regularly gives me bits of wood to chew on and I don't touch them. He recently bought me an edible house and I haven't even nibbled on it once. As a rodent, my teeth keep growing throughout my life and I need to constantly wear them down to avoid severe health problems. Even though I've reached middle age and haven't gnawed on a thing, my teeth are their proper size.

How do I do it? Let's just say it's a family secret. I'm not telling a soul. The reason I do it is simple. Since I don't gnaw, I get lots more freedom. I get let out for exercise at night to scurry all over the place and no one has to worry about those embarassing gnaw marks.


This is more fun than gnawing any day of the week.

Will this be in this week's Friday Ark? Go see for yourself!

No comments: