Friday, May 18, 2007

You're All Still Out There!

Years and years ago I got to see Hello Dolly with Carol Channing playing the lead role for which she won a Tony award in 1964. Carol defined the role on stage and played it more than 5000 times.

I saw her near the end of her stage career. After she turned in her typically spectacular performance and the play was over, she came out on stage alone, walked to the end of the stage just past the glare of the stage lights where she could finally see the audience and exclaimed, "Why, you're all still out there!" in mock amazement that we had managed to sit through the whole thing.

That's kind of the way I feel about this blog. I've been thrashing around for a while with a bit of directionlessness (is that a word?) and I've still had visitors. I've missed three straight World of Good posts and I've wandered off into some snarkiness that I could swear I'd promised to avoid.

In spite of that, you're all still out there.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

"We be here."

How about publishing some more about your desert travels.

Foxfier said...

*hugs*

david said...

Wherever you go...there we are. :-)