Saturday, June 09, 2007

Dr. Frankentsein's Stereo

Today here at The Scratching Post, we assembled a stereo for our garage out of various odd components. We found some fantastic tower speakers at a local thrift store, we got God's own amplifier out of my parents' attic and used my little Rio Karma to drive the whole thing. It looked like this.

The full set up in all it's not-quite-so-finished glory.


I use a Rio Karma to host my music instead of an iPod. Yes, I'm weird, but I just like it's ergonomics better.


The McIntosh 2100 amp. God's own amp if ever there was one.


I found these awesome Technics SB-2665 speakers at a thrift store for $14. It was a caveat emptor purchase, but they turned out to be in perfect shape.


Our Maximum Leader supervised the assembly. Here, she's listening for the low notes to make sure the bass has been adjusted properly.


So what was the first song we played on it? Why this one, of course.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I have that amp when you're done with it?

Samantha & Mom said...

We love the Monkee's. it was Mom's favorite show when she was a kid. Love their songs to. Stereo sounds very nice to us.
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Foxfier said...

Rio makes good stuff.

I love my little funky kinda-ipod-without-the-bad-interface!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.