Friday, June 22, 2007

The Great Caffeine Experiment

A few days ago I posted about giving up the majority of my caffeine. I'm now down to just one cup of coffee in the morning. And no, it's not one of those 32 oz behemoth cups from 7-Eleven.

What I've found is that my energy level is much more stable throughout the day. I sleep better and I don't almost doze off in meetings unless they're really bad. Having said that, I think there's a drop in creativity. I no longer have peaks of energy during the day where the fog clears and I can write creative, preposterous, irrelevant, things. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it feels like I never get quite enough energy to break through that barrier.

It could be that I'm just imagining a lack of creativity or it could be the effects of my schedule for the last week, which has been pretty taxing. I finally cut off my afternoon Diet Cokes three days ago and that has led to some existential angst in the afternoons. Should I go back to drinking them? Here's your chance to have an input.

If you didn't get a chance to vote in the poll I posted last time, I'm posting it again. If you did vote, then by all means, vote again. If voting is good enough for illegal aliens, it's good enough for you!


When Should I Stop Drinking Diet Cokes
Now
Later
Never
Slowing down caffeine intake? You must be mad!
Caffeine is a path to the Dark Side of the Force. You're already hosed
I don't like this poll. Make a new one.
I already told you, I don't participate in polls!
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

No comments: