Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The 23 Hour Day

Have you ever had your body decide that there are, in fact, 23 hours in a day and not 24? That's where I'm at right now. Normally, I wake up between 4 and 4:30. I read and write for about 2 hours before I get to the rest of my day. Right now, my body has convinced itself that there is one less hour in the day than there really is and I've gone from waking up at 4AM to 3AM to 2AM to what happened last night where I woke up at 1AM. Each night the panic has increased as I've seen what was happening and have become terrified that I won't be able to get back to sleep. If that happened, then I'd be taking a nap at lunch and reinforcing my body's decision that there are only 23 hours in the day. Luckily I was able to get back to sleep after a couple of hours.

Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The same thing has happended to me. I now arise every morning at 2 AM at the latest. I am so used to it that it seems normal now. But I get much writing and reading done.