Thursday, October 25, 2007

San Diego Fire Maps October 25

This is from the SDSU site I linked to below. Red dots are fire reports less than 12 hours old, orange dots are fire reports 12-24 hours old and yellow ones are fire reports a day or more old. As you can see, there are no red dots at all today. I will not be updating this throughout the day like I did yesterday. I grabbed this map at about 5AM.

I hope and pray that all of you are safe and I hope your homes and businesses made it through this safely.

Click on the pictures for larger images.

The Witch Creek Fire:



The Harris Fire:



Once you're done enjoying these way cool satellite imagery-based fire maps from SDSU, hop on over to the KPBS map. It is the single best aggregator of information for the fires. I am totally against public funding of PBS and I can't stand most of what they broadcast, but in this case I'd like to say "THANKS!" to the folks at KPBS who did all this great work. Here's hoping you crawl out of your tiny PBS caves and join the rest of us in the real world real soon.

No comments: