Sunday, November 25, 2007

Early Episodes of Sesame Street are Unsafe for Kids

Remove all hard edges from your house and encase yourself in pillows! That's the only way you can stay safe and safety, after all, is the most important thing in the world.
As reported the the NY Times today, two volumes of old “Sesame Street” episodes recently released on DVD come with the following helpful warning label: “These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.”
Fiat Lux has the whole story. Stop by and check it out.

Update: If you've got a comment to leave, would you mind leaving it at Fiat Lux? Comments are manna from heaven for bloggers and she found the story and deserves a little manna.

3 comments:

B-Daddy said...

K T Cat,
I wanted to post a comment to Fiat Lux, but was asked for my email address. Sorry, this is why I have a Google account for my online identity; I prefer to maintain a modicum of privacy, too many nut cases out there. I would be happy to comment if that was not a requirement. (Also, I don't want to disrespect any friend of The Scratching Post by leaving a false email address.)

Rachel Luxemburg said...

Sorry B-Daddy, that's the standard WordPress blog format and I'm not geek enough to hack it out. I would not be offended by anyone using "anon@anon.com".

K T Cat said...

Don't worry B-Daddy. I've been spreading your email address far and wide. Let me know when your first online issue of Farm Animal Parasite and Vermin Monthly shows up.