Monday, November 19, 2007

Fred Thompson on the War on Terror

Fred gave a great interview to Roger Simon and Bob Owens of Pajamas Media. The video is available here at Pajamas Media. As far as I can tell, this video cannot be embedded on other blogs. In any case, it's another great performance by Fred where he emphasizes being honest about the costs and sacrifices necessary to defeat the terrorists. He has a bunch of great points. It's worth taking the time to watch it.

Compare and contrast this with any of the other candidates, specifically the Democrats' vapid rhetoric.

Update: I got a link from the Fred File! Yay! Let me share with you some of the reasons I am a strong supporter of Fred.
  • He is a strong supporter of Federalism. I don't think I should be telling the people of Maine what to do any more than absolutely necessary and I don't want them telling San Diegans what to do, either. We're all pretty smart and we can figure out what works for us.

  • Three words: honesty, honesty, honesty. Fred is the only candidate out there talking about the fiscal crisis we face because we are spending too much. Unlike certain Mitt Romneys I could mention, Fred is not suggesting we audit the government only to find out we spend too much. Fred is talking about concrete reductions in spending.

  • Did I mention honesty? Fred talks about the responsibilities that parents have in educating their kids. More and more and more education spending isn't going to do it.

  • Fred understands the need to recapitalize our armed forces. Our platforms are old and getting older. They won't run forever and as they age, the maintenance costs go up. Fred gets it.

  • I am strongly pro-life, but I am against the constitutional amendment to protect life. I don't think a civil war of screaming like the one that would come from an amendment debate is necessary to change hearts and minds.
There's lots more, but that's a first list off the top of my head. Go Fred!

No comments: