Monday, December 03, 2007

My Excuse for Today

I slept in. I slept in because I was worn out after my son and I spent the weekend getting the engine and transmission out of my MGB. While I was ultimately successful, it was a lot harder than it had to be because my auto mechanic skills were so rusty.


The effort was everything I hoped it would be. My son stuck with the project cheerfully and learned that real life isn't as neat and easy as a video game, a book's ending or a homework problem in math where the answers all magically come out to something as simple as x=4.

3 comments:

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Dude, in real math x comes out to equal 4.2582719561248! Not that I care for real math, mind you...

This sure is a fun place you got here! Speaking of math though, unfortunately I've got to go get back to work. 8^)

ligneus said...

I've done many jobs in my life, from farm worker to photographer and I do most of the trades in construction, [no Jack of all trades jibes please, you know the Shakers would learn all the skills that they practiced,] and for a couple of years I helped one of my brothers in his car repair business, mostly body work but mechanical too, and I have to say that doing the mechanical stuff is the most disliked by me of all the jobs I've done.

K T Cat said...

ligneus, you must not have been listening to old AC/DC while working on the cars. Nothing's better than old heavy metal while working on old heavy metal.

:-)