Thursday, January 24, 2008

Giving to the Less Fortunate

Here on this blog, we've made a big deal about our World of Good series of posts. I just want you all to know that this is more than just a bunch of stories, it's a way of life for us. This Christmas, I was given a huge bag of almonds in the shell as a present from the family. I have chosen not to eat them and instead, I am donating them to the ground squirrels where our human works. These ground squirrels live a meager life, eating only those things which grow in the coastal desert that is San Diego. Almonds are an unknown treat to them. Rather than keep these almonds, I've decided to give them away. We put out six for the little squirrels this morning. I'll let you know if they're gone tomorrow.

Update: Our Maximum Leader has asked me to also mention the fact that I hate to gnaw on things and that might be part of the reason I decided to forgo these treats. Personally, I think I would have given them away regardless.

But not if they were sunflower seeds. My goodness, no. Those sunflower seeds are mine, I tell you, all mine!

No comments: