Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Nordstroms Recalling Chinese Jackets

The highest quality retailer in the US is being bitten by the lowest quality manufacturer in the world. Nordstroms sold children's jackets made in China that turned out to contain choking hazards.

I heard this on the radio on my way home from work yesterday and I practically crashed the car in amazement. The story on the news didn't indicate just why the jackets were being recalled and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out just what could possibly go wrong with a jacket that would make it subject for a recall. Did the thing spontaneously combust? Did it have a rope around the collar that gradually choked you? It boggled the mind. You can find the full story at the link above. Here's a picture of the deadly jacket.

This jacket contains unsafe amounts of industrial solvents and will explode in temperatures above 78F as well as attract swarms of poisonous, flying insects.

1 comment:

Dean said...

I'm all for sticking it to the Chi-comms but this is just plain bizarre.

If this CP... whatever truly wanted to scare-off the people that hang on their every word, wouldn't "on sale now at WalMart" have the same effect?