Thursday, March 13, 2008

On Photographing Tuxedo Cats

I got this shot of our Maximum Leader about a week ago as I took a bunch of macro pictures at very close range. Out of 15 or so photos, this was the only one that came out well.


Her fur has such enormous contrast that the camera doesn't know how to adjust it's lighting levels. If it focuses on the black, her white fur becomes saturated in the image. If it focuses on the white, the black fur comes out as indistinct blackness. I really need to learn how to use the manual settings on the camera if I want to do these kinds of close ups.

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

I love Tuxedo cats.

My Terry-cat at mom and dad's place is the same pattern.

They're always perfectly dressed!

Anonymous said...

Maximum Leader is quite handsome. My sister was a tuxedo cat.