Thursday, April 10, 2008

Snark Removal

I just removed a post from my active list on this blog, the one that whacked Charles Karelis. Charles wrote things that set me off and I went completely non-linear on him. Since this blog has been around for a while and has lots of incoming links, I was one of the top five hits when googling his name. That's just not right.

I can't, in good conscience, have my vitriol be the first thing people see when finding out more about him. As much fun as it is to see 1-5 hits a day on this post, it's also 1-5 people each day who probably get the wrong idea about a person who was made in God's image just like me.

3 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I hope that you realise, my Friend, that "Conservative Snarks" are fast becoming an endangered species....be careful in your Snark removal.

Oh wait....the spotted owl lovers are liberal, aren't they?

Nevermind, harpoon the Narwhale!!

Ohioan@Heart said...

Wolfie - I could not agree more. Poor Mr. Karelis needs to be a big boy and deal with the fact that KT has shown him to be silly.

And KT - do not feel so bad when them sharp sharp claws scratch... a de-clawed KT would be a dull little kitty.

K T Cat said...

Thanks for the kind words, but I would suggest that there is a moral responsiblity that comes with having a high Google rank. Whatever silliness Mr. Karelis engages in, it's not so bad that the first hit on his name needs to be me taking him out behind the barn and whacking him with a 2x4.

I have a choice in the way I write. I choose to blast away at things that irritate me, call people names and rant. If I chose to be more restrained and intellectual, I don't think I'd mind leaving that kind of post up there. Since I wasn't willing to rewrite the thing and remove all the name calling, I thought removal was the right thing to do.

I was going to remove the ones that I had blasting Kate Mulvey, but after re-reading them, I let them stay. Her positions are fundamentally immoral and damaging. She needs all the verbal smacking around she can get.