Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dan Eggen and Michael Abramowitz

I can't think of anything else to title this post. I'm truly at a loss for words to describe their latest article on winning the war and withdrawing our victorious troops. I guess it's because they don't report that.

WASHINGTON – President Bush and Iraq's prime minister have agreed to set a “time horizon” for the withdrawal of U.S. combat troops from Iraq as part of a long-term security accord they are trying to negotiate by the end of the month, White House officials said yesterday.

The decision, reached during a videoconference Thursday between Bush and Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, marks the culmination of a gradual but significant shift for the president, who has adamantly fought – and even ridiculed – efforts by congressional Democrats to impose what he described as artificial timetables for withdrawing U.S. forces.
I give up. I simply give up. I wish I could say that these two are the dimmest of the dim bulbs in the MSM, but I can't. You know I can't. Almost to a man, the MSM must be the home of the lowest watt bulbs in the country.

Perhaps they will read this. Perhaps we can still reach whatever lies at the top of their spinal cords and occupies their skulls. In order to do this, I suspect we will have to speak loudly and in small words.

TROOPS COME HOME WHEN YOU WIN. IF TROOPS COME HOME BEFORE THAT, IT'S CALLED LOSING.

I think the complicated part for Danny and Mike is that the troops come home in both cases. It's like one of those really difficult puzzles in Highlights magazine where they show you two very similar pictures and ask you to find the difference. You know, the ones that show a barnyard where there's a pony and a cow and a kitty cat, but in one picture there's a puppy as well and you have to circle the puppy?

I found a great practice quiz for Mike and Danny. If you guys read this (and get this far, there are some pretty big words in this post), try watching this as a practice for your next article.


If you think this is insulting, try showing Danny and Mike's article to some of the Marines coming home from Iraq and asking them what they think the difference is between leaving 6 months from now and leaving 12 months ago like the Democrats wanted. I wonder if they could tell the difference?

No comments: