Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Splash


Splash
Originally uploaded by ktcat51
Here's another sample from my test pictures at Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach yesterday. This is shot with the 55-200 lens. The rocks are about 50 yeards away. The image has been reduced in size by about 2/3 so this one is not as clean as the original. This was taken in full auto mode.

Check out the kelp leaf flying around in the spray. Since this post is being written from flickr, you'll need to click around a few times to get to the full-sized picture. I'm doing this as an experiment, trying to see which photo hosting site I like the best. I'm still not in love with flickr even though I see that it has certain advantages.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Nice composition with the diagonal break between the black and the white spray.

K T Cat said...

Thanks! I'll admit right here and now that it was a hipshot, taken in a hurry during a lunch break. I was just trying to see what the camera could do.