Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No, I Haven't Gone off the Deep End

That last post was an experiment to see how many hits I'll get from Google image and text searches on the term "Hannah Montana" (HM).

The idea came to me while walking through WalMart yesterday. My daughter had just finished a two-a-day soccer workout and we were going to get Mario Kart for the Wii. It was part reward and part promise kept. That's another story. In any case, we passed racks and bins and aisles filled with HM things. There were HM towels, HM clothes, HM cups and plates and for all I know, a complete line of HM beekeeper suits.

My daughter loathed them. She's very much the little bohemian.

In any case, I began to wonder what kind of hits I would get if I larded up a post with the phrase HM, included a standard image of her and titled it HM. We'll see what happens. My old post on Meg Whitman for VP has gotten about 60 hits in the last few days following John McCain's mention of her at the Saddleback Forum.

Aside: Now there's something you won't see every day. A blog post mentioning both HM and Meg Whitman. I've got all the bases covered!

A Google Trends chart showing the relative use of the search terms "HM" and "Meg Whitman". HM, in blue, wins by a mile.

5 comments:

K T Cat said...

4 HM hits so far today.

K T Cat said...

7 hits now.

Dean said...

KT, Since the Olympics started I get between 200-400 hits a day, the vast majority of which "came from" the Google image of the Panda mascot I've been using for most of my Olympic updates. The "landing page" almost invariably has been a post I did on the U.S. softball team a few months back.

Rose said...

Very funny!

But hey - at least you could live with HM on the sweatshirt - I had to draw the line at BJ (Mervyns),

K T Cat said...

5 more today.