Saturday, July 18, 2009

Only in DC

... would this make sense.
“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said.

“Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.”
Emphasis mine.

It's a good thing Biden and Obama are so smart. I'd hate to think what might be happening if some dingbat like Sarah Palin was in office. Her kind just doesn't understand High Finance like the academics and polticians. Shoot, she probably thinks that running up massive deficits is a bad thing to do.

1 comment:

Ohioan@Heart said...

I think my frontal cortex just seized on that one.

Yep. I've read it three times and I still can not logically parse it without running into a paradox.