Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where's Waldo?

... he's somewhere in this crowd of about 1,500,000 70,000 120,000 racists protesting Obama's perfectly reasonable spending plans.


H/T: The Rhetorican.

Update: An anon in the comments claimed that the BBC's estimate of 1.5M was way too high. I found others that agreed. However, Matt Welch at Reason strongly asserted the number was well into the 6 figures. Matt, as far as I know, did not study comparative lit at journalism school and therefore has a better comprehension of math than the news media, so I'm taking his number as truth.

Over at the Frank Strategies blog, Ed Frank has this to say about the crowd.
Crowd estimates are varying widely, but it’s safe to say it’s by far the largest gathering of grassroots small-government folks I’ve ever seen in my 15+ years living in DC.

10 comments:

Rose said...

KT - join us sometime, here - a bunch of like-minded people.

Larry Sheldon said...

How come nobody is taling about the cars burned? turned over. Windows smashed? red paint. injuries and deaths? teargas? SWT teams. Armed troops?

Why the whitwash?

(I'm not willing to watch CNN or MSNBC to find out The Truth.)

Anonymous said...

The building in the foreground houses the JW Marriott hotel, my home-away-from-home in a previous life. The most excitement I ever saw was some skate rats. Guess I missed the best stuff.

Anonymous said...

That sounded like a lot. Most sources I found put it 1,430,000 racists short.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tea-party-protesters-march-washington/story?id=8557120

K T Cat said...

Correction made, anon, although I question the reasoning by which this number was achieved. Since we know that racism is institutional, everyone who lives or works in every building within line of sight is at least somewhat racist (excepting the victims of racism, of course) so that makes the actual number of racists in the picture much, much larger.

Larry Sheldon said...

It is clear that I wandered into the wrong blog unless I missed a sarcasm tag someplace--in which case I don't think it fitting.

I'm out--use email to correct me if I am wrong.

Larry Sheldon said...

I am advised by email (persuasively) that I blew a tag somewhere.

I still think this and the next item are in poor tast, but I guess poor taste is protected speech.

Am I hypersensitive--I might be, but I get called that so often that I am tired of it.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/09/sick-cnn-runs-segment-on-racial.html

K T Cat said...

You're tired of being called a racist? It's just starting, Larry, it's just starting. You've got a minimum of 3 years, 4 months to go.

Larry Sheldon said...

Boy, howdy, I guess so. Every where I turn somebody is referring us as racists.

Good news is the term will lose its meaning--women call each other dorks now. How weird is that?

Anonymous said...

WHITE HOUSE PRESS SEC. ROBERT GIBBS: "I don't think the president believes that people are upset because of the color of his skin."

Hmm, he must not have gotten the memo.