Monday, October 05, 2009

On Men and Women

Prior to my recent wedding, I spent about 10 years as a single father. As a single dad, I put on both of my kids' birthday parties every year. These weren't trips to Chuck E. Cheese, either, these were old school home parties with games and scavenger hunts and contests and prizes and home made food. We usually had 6-12 kids over so they were sizable bashes.

My daughter had her 13th birthday party this weekend and we hosted it. My new wife did everything. Oh, I sent out the invitations and called the bowling alley and little stuff like that, but make no mistake, she did 90% of the work. Dittos for the family party for my girl last night.

I may have been good at the job, but I wasn't a natural at it. Thank goodness we've got a professional in the house again.

:-)

No comments: