Thursday, January 14, 2010

This is not the Zig Ziglar I Knew

I ordered a Zig Ziglar CD from an Amazon partner recently and I got a Zig CD case and two CDs with Zig cover art. When I went to move them to my PC, I discovered that Zig had changed quite a bit from the Zig I used to know. The actual digital content on the CD was from what seems to be Zig's other audio recording career - the one with a gangsta rap group.

Apparently, Southern Christian motivational speaker Zig Ziglar has joined the rap group The Mexakinz.

See, this just goes to show what a mistake it's been for me to eschew reading the newspaper. I'm sure this was all over the front pages. Although, I must confess, lyrics like this from Zig Ziglar leave me a bit confused.
Murdah, murdah, murdah, the (hyphenated bleep) murdah
Murdah, murdah, the (hyphenated bleep) murdah
Murdah, murdah, the (hyphenated bleep) murdah
The (hyphenated bleep) murdarah

Yes! It's your wake up call, so bust a glock to get to heaven
You never came up? They run you 1-8-7
You choke when I slash your throat, I take it as a joke
I laugh, cause after that you might get smoked
Then I put cha on a table, and I'll chop you up to pieces
I do it in a hustle, make you feel like a puzzle
And nobody can put you back together again
Next it'll be your family, then I'll get your friends
Oh Zig, what happened to you?

Update: After reading their lyrics and seeing some of their photos, I can now understand the point of view of the multiculturalists and moral relativists. Really, Tha Mexakinz are not all that different from Hoagy Carmichael except for the talentless braying about the glories of murder and rape. Oh well, who are we to say that one thing is better and the other worse?

3 comments:

Jeff Burton said...

I find the new Zig just as motivating as the old Zig.

Secular Apostate said...

I can't wait to hear the postmodern Fulton J Sheen.

Tom Ziglar said...

Never seen a Zig post like this one! I would like to know who you purchased it from so we can find out what happened. Zig is my father, and believe me he can't sing or rap!