Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday Thirteen, Long Time No See Edition

Looking back into the archives, it seems like the last Thursday 13 I did was on April 12, 2007. That would make it nearly three years since I've done this. Time to catch up and try it again. I always enjoyed Thursday Thirteens. Here we go.

Since my last Thursday Thirteen ...

  1. I have gotten married. One of the easiest and best decisions of my life. I picked up two new sons in the process, one who is 18 and one who is 20. They are teh awesome!

  2. I've moved. Twice. I lived in a custom-built home overlooking the Pacific to a rented townhouse to a 5BR place much farther east. My custom house had a 16' glass dome in the center of it and a balcony off the master bedroom with a 180-degree view of Mission Bay and the Pacific.

  3. I miss the view.

  4. I don't miss much else. Things don't matter. People and relationships matter.

  5. In my last Thursday 13, I referenced Jacob the Syrian Hamster. He has since passed on.

  6. I got onto an econo-blogging kick over a year ago and learned a lot about how banks and money work.

  7. I also became quite the gloomy debt-bore.

  8. Every time I tried to stop econo-blogging, something would happen that would spark my interest and I'd find myself furiously tapping away at the keyboard again ...

  9. I've also gotten into goal setting. Brian Tracy, Zig Ziglar, Earl Nightingale and the rest, I've spent time reading and learning from them all.

  10. "You become what you think about" is a recurring theme. If you think about debt a lot and read Bloomberg and Mish Shedlock and the WSJ, you're pretty much dooming yourself to becoming a debt-bore.

  11. I'm trying to break out of that with some Photoshop artwork. I've got friends at work who are gradually teaching me how to do some clever things in Photoshop and I'm stumbling around, experimenting with them.

  12. Here's my favorite so far.

  13. I've missed writing Thursday 13s!
There. That was pretty easy and a lot of fun. Now to go see what others are doing with this week's Thursday 13 ...

Update: I had problems with the links above and went in and fixed the code. In the future, I'm going to hand code the links for the Thursday 13 info at the bottom.

Update 2: Mr. Linky is back! I can use him instead of the other code. Yay!

6 comments:

CZ said...

Couldn't get the code and couldn't see other participants. Both links said the page wasn't available.

K T Cat said...

I know. I'm struggling with the thing myself. Back in the day, this was much easier. I think they've tech'd it up until it's almost unusable. I'm going to fiddle with it and figure it out, though.

K T Cat said...

It's fixed now.

sherilee said...

Yeah for returning to Thursday 13! Sounds like lots has happened in the past couple of years.

Good for you with goal-setting. I was raised in a goal-y kind of home, and it's something that has stuck with me. I'm a big believer in what you think about and pay attention to will be what you become.

Welcome back!

i beati said...

fascinating stuff sandy

soleil said...

I love setting goals.
Welcome back to TT!