Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Well, This Was Unexpected

Dig this.

A CBS News poll released Wednesday finds that nearly two in three Americans want Republicans in Congress to continue to challenge parts of the health care reform bill ...

The poll finds that 62 percent want Congressional Republicans to keep challenging the bill, while 33 percent say they should not do so.
I have to say, that really surprises me. I didn't think most people cared enough to be as outraged as the Tea Party folks. If I was a Democrat running for office in November, I'd be really worried.

1 comment:

tim eisele said...

Well, I think that whichever party is in the minority *should* be challenging whatever the majority party is pushing. Regardless of what that is. If the plans aren't being challenged, then they aren't really being looked at, and that leads to all kinds of abuses.

If it was the Republicans in the majority with some unspecified big program that they were pushing, I would want the Democrats to be challenging *them*, too.

And, seeing as how there seems to be a tendency in this country to have the house/senate controlled by one party, while the presidency is held by the other, I think that a lot of other people agree with me on this point.