Saturday, April 17, 2010

OK, I'm Confused

Not being compassionate™, I have to admit that my training in business and mathematics isnt helping me to figure this one out.
As a result, the EU executive body says it will come forward with concrete plans on 12 May to toughen up the bloc's fiscal rules, measures that it argues can be carried out under the current Lisbon Treaty ...

The document will also explore mechanisms to limit the build up of macro-economic imbalances between member states, and outline proposals to set up a permanent crisis fund to help struggling states.
So here's my conundrum. Every one of the Euro states runs an annual deficit every year. There are no surpluses anywhere. They now want to start a crisis fund to help out states who have borrowed to much. This means that they will:

borrow more money to stock a crisis fund for states who have borrowed too much money.

Huh?

My vision for the Euro Crisis Fund.

No comments: