Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Giving iTunes Another Try

A while back, I downloaded and installed iTunes. The results were unpleasant as the thing went and converted all my wma music files to mp3 whereupon Mozy spent two days trying to back them all up. At the time it was all quite unnecessary. Now, however, what was once undesirable has become needed as my Droid thirsts for mp3 music files instead of wma.

Pardon me for a bit while my PC occupies itself for a good while converting and backing up files.

Update: Hmm. The stupid thing wants to convert them to aac files instead of mp3. What a waste. Still, it does have a good podcast feature.

2 comments:

Jeff Miller said...

Just go to the Import Settings and select MP3 encoder instead. AAC is a better codex, but MP3 is more heavily supported.

I would also recommend Amazon MP3 for buying tunes since they are generally cheaper than iTunes and their downloader will automatically import them into iTunes.

K T Cat said...

Thanks, Jeff! I did that and it worked perfectly.