Thursday, July 08, 2010

Apologizing, but not Quite

Yesterday I posted the truly horrible video of King Samir Shabazz screaming for racist violence against whites. I really struggled with that one. I rewrote the post twice before it published, each time taking away angry, accusatory sentences. There are enough angry blogs out there and mine isn't made any better with gratuitous rage.

Two times during the day I thought to remove the video entirely and still make the point that the Arizona lawsuit was nothing more than a campus protest march and sit-in at the Chancellor's offices. It's a pointless exercise, a farcical charade done to show "solidarity" with the "oppressed".

Each time I went to remove the video I stopped. The video is real. The events are real. King Samir Shabazz is real. I left that repugnant video and its hideous implications alone because I couldn't wrap my brain around this question: How in the world is that guy still walking around in public?

8 comments:

Tots said...

I know how you feel KT.

I don't know how to sum up my feelings because there is so much WRONG with America right now. Not the country, or the ideals of America, but the spoiled, lazy hate filled citizens.

BTW for anyone who wants to jump in, the spoiled lazy hate filled citizens are NOT the Tea Party members. Go to Michelle Malkin's website and read the comments to find out who I am talking about.

Secular Apostate said...

No apology required, Senor Gato. The truth may sometimes be ugly, but averting one's eyes only makes the situation worse.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " (Edmund Burke)

K T Cat said...

Thanks for the comments. Secular, I came to the same conclusion. Nothing was gained by averting my eyes from the truth.

tim eisele said...

So, I watched the video of that crazed racist, and I kept thinking, "What on earth does he think he's going to accomplish? He's practically making a recruiting video for the KKK!"

Which reminded me of this item that I read some years ago. Which makes me think, maybe that's exactly what he *is* doing - he's trying to goad the white racists into doing something stupidly, pointlessly violent, so that he can in turn rouse up more *black* racists to do something even *more* stupidly, pointlessly violent, hoping that the resulting vicious circle will wind up driving the majority of people to one extreme or the other, creating the final race war that, in his insanity, he craves.

B-Daddy said...

KT,
Appreciate your sensibilities; I believe you took the right course, posting the truth without the angry accusations.

Unknown said...

Been there, done that KT. I don't know how many posts I wrote, editted, and ultimately deleted without publishing simply because they sounded like so much angry spewing without adding much of value to the one reader I have.

Discretion is the better part of valor. And you are the better man for having exercised it.

Dean said...

If this man's activities weren't aided and abetted by the Justice Department and the miserable hack that runs it, this act could simply be written off as a minstrel show.

Unfortunately, it cannot.

Foxfier said...

Safe targets.

He doesn't actually think there's any risk, so he can be all big and "brave."

See also, "speaking truth to power" by slamming, say, Christians in general, our military, the Catholic Church.... All totally safe.