Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Perfect A Worthless Camera Holder for Driving Videos - Updated

Update - This thing is positively dreadful. It jiggles like crazy, even on the smoothest roads. I tried wedging some foam underneath it as a shock absorber, but that failed, too. It is awful. Do not buy it.

I bought this at Pep Boys yesterday and it fits my Kodak Zi-8 video camera perfectly. I'm going to mount it on my windshield, out of the way on the passenger's side so I can get driving videos any time I want, but it won't obstruct my vision.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there supposed to be a picture or link? I don't see anything.

K T Cat said...

Hmmm. I see it on mine. It's a product box from Amazon. If you refresh and it doesn't come up, here's the link:

Type S AC30268-60/6 Black Media Holder with Glass Mount

Anonymous said...

That link worked. My wife got me a similar gadget at Wally World or Target. Only problem is that the long arm tends to bounce a bit, so I try to brace it on the dash.

tim eisele said...

If it helps, don't think of it as a bad camera mount - think of it as a cheap seismograph!

Justin said...

Ever thought about one of these?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/cameras-photography/82db/

cocspl