Thursday, July 22, 2010

Refudiate

I have to admit, I haven't been paying much attention to the whole "refudiate" controversy. Given the sneering, I figured Sarah Palin must be at the center of it. After receiving some mocking emails about it from friends yesterday, I finally did a quick search into it and came up with this summary from Newsweek.
In a series of tweets, Sarah Palin appealed to "peace-seeking Muslims" to reject plans for a mosque and community center to be built two blocks away from Ground Zero, which an advisory board approved in late May. In her first tweet, she wrote "Pls refudiate" and then deleted the tweet. Seemingly recognizing that "refudiate" is not a word, she tweeted, "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!"
That's it? That's the big deal? She tweets a word incorrectly, retracts it and then makes fun of herself and then everyone goes off on her?

What is wrong with these people anyway? How sick do you have to be to go crazy like this? How filled with mindless hate are they? It's like she's a pinata and they're all violent psychotics. Holy moly, she misused a word! Let's tie her to a tree and beat her with a baseball bat until we all fall down laughing!

Every time I watch a Sarah Palin feeding frenzy it makes my skin crawl.

Go rogue much, Sarah haters?

5 comments:

tim eisele said...

I expect that it woudln't have gotten anywhere near this much play, if we weren't well into the Silly Season.

Larry Sheldon said...

May I suggest a reading?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100048123/sarah-palin-never-misunderestimate-shakespeare/

K T Cat said...

Great link, Larry.

Tim, it's the silly season year round when it comes to Sarah.

Dean said...

I look forward to 2012 when I guarantee we will see people literally rip their own eyeballs out in hateful rage when Sarah is stumping.

ligneus said...

I think it's a great word, way better than misunderestimate.