Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bangs Are Now Illegal

On Sunday, we went to a Welcome-to-School Mass at one of our son's colleges. It was held in the sports center and there must have been 5,000 or more people there, many of them very attractive young ladies.

None of them had bangs.

They all had hairstyles that swept their hair off their faces to one side or the other. Some had it parted in the middle, some parted on the side. No bangs. The bangless look was great for some, not so much for others. It didn't matter, it was as if there were fashion police waiting to arrest anyone with bangs.

This is a sad development as young ladies with bangs can be quite alluring.

I guess this is just one more way I'm out of step with the times. I miss bangs.

Image borrowed without permission from hairstyledesign.com.

3 comments:

Rose said...

What is the world coming to?

Foxfier said...

Don't worry, it'll swing back eventually.

(I know I've kept mine because a lack is REALLY unflattering.)

K T Cat said...

I'm wondering how old I'll be when the pendulum swings back. :-)