Sunday, September 19, 2010

Last Night, About 2AM

Our Maximum Leader, who had been sleeping next to me, wakes up and decides it's time for the late night snack. We go downstairs and into the Catican where her bowl is given the requisite number of nuggets. With her contentedly crunching away, I go back to bed.

Bark bark bark. Someone's dog is barking, probably a block away. Bark bark bark. I wonder what it's barking at. Uh oh. Bark bark bark. I'm now anticipating the barking. Now I'm going to be awake, waiting for the next barking spasm. Bark bark bark. Better close the patio door. Bark bark bark. There. Much better now. Bark bark bark. Poor thing. It's not getting sleep at all tonight. Bark bark bark.

Somewhere out there is a family wondering why Fido won't get off his bed to go for a walk today. A deaf family.

No comments: