Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Obama's Iraq Speech

... bored me. I listened for about 3 minutes and then turned on my MLB AtBat app on my Droid and listened to Jerry Howarth announce the Blue Jays - Devil Rays game. I used to be a huge Toronto Blue Jays fan and I've always thought that Jerry was an excellent play-by-play man.

It was a good choice. The Jays scored 10 runs in the 6th inning as I listened.

The little bit I heard of the speech seemed like standard Obama blahblahblah. We need an industrial policy and an education policy and a this policy and a that policy. For the last few decades we have neglected to spend enough and have enough policies. "We" being the State. The speech could have been given by Juan Peron, easily.

In the little bit I heard, I couldn't understand how the speech could ever come to have been written. His words indicated no awareness of the last 21 months. Hundreds of billions of dollars had been spent on precisely what he was suggesting and the results were horrible. It was as if he had been living on another planet all that time and just popped in to give this speech. Since no rationale was given for the new spending and policies and we had just seen how badly things like that worked, the speech seemed strange and disconnected from reality.

1 comment:

ligneus said...

Worst President Ever.

And still some people go ga ga over him.
It's a bird! it's a plane! It's a Nincompoop!

This is the level of 'thinking' obama has reduced my to.