Saturday, October 02, 2010

"Unfortunately, I don’t See Another Reagan on the Horizon"

Secular Apostate said that and I'm coming to the conclusion he's right. As I watch the political ads on TV from the Republicans, the only theme I see is that the government is spending too much. That could mean anything. There is no coherent message coming out of them except, "Give us back the power and we won't spend quite as much." That's only a small fraction of what I support and completely leaves out the theme I want to hear - that we're going to have to personally solve these problems in the end anyway and that government solutions have a nearly unbroken record of failure.

There was one man who said it well.


I'll vote in November, but I fear that I'm voting for people who don't have a governing philosophy outside of "give us the power."

5 comments:

B-Daddy said...

Of course there will never be another Reagan. But the nation has always been blessed with the right leaders who rise up to the challenge of their time. Washington, Lincoln, and Reagan are examples. Yes, the Republicans are short on specifics on how to spend less, and I would like to see more. But they are preparing the political landscape for the fact that spending reductions are going to be necessary.

tim eisele said...

You know, it occurs to me that the next Reagan doesn't have to be a Republican. There's no fundamental reason to think that the Democrats can't start seeing the error of their ways and change - and it might even be easier for them, because they've always struck me as being the more fragmented of the two parties.

The Republicans and the Democrats have essentially swapped positions on many issues just in my lifetime. Maybe we can induce it to happen again, at least as far as fiscal prudence and personal responsibility is concerned.

How to seduce a woman said...

Wonderful article,thanks for putting this together! "This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. Keep it up!"

Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

I believe Mike Pence is the next Ronald Reagan. He is without question the finest Christian man I have ever known.

dissertation writing help said...

really a true and informative video thanks for share it