Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whoops!

I got an email advertisement for a grammar class being held nearby. In the ad was this:
But, boy, was she S-L-O-W ...
Gail would sweat over every sentence, pore over grammar guides to get everything right, and stay late to proof her projects. (What a toll it took on Gail!)
Emphasis mine. Pore over grammar guides? Gaaaahhhhh! It's pour, not pore.

Ouch. Talk about embarassing!

Update: In the comments, Tim points out that I'm the one who has been wrong all this time and it really is pore and not pour. Hahahaha! What a dufus! Oh well, now I know the right word to use.

3 comments:

tim eisele said...

Uh, KT? I think you better check your dictionary. Mine says that "pore" is correct here.

K T Cat said...

Really? Then I've been doing it wrong all these years!

LOL!!!

I'm signing up for the class now!

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Did she pour milk over it? What a mess!!!

Time to recuse yourself from grammar grading! :)