Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Oatmeal For Insomnia

So last night I woke up at 2 AM. I lay awake until about 3 before deciding to take action. I had no reason to be awake as my life is pretty tranquil right now*. A friend of mine had recommended a small bowl of oatmeal as a cure for insomnia. She's big on a healthy diet and the value of maintaining your blood sugar. Every time I've tried this it's worked, too.

So I popped into the kitchen, heated a bit of water in the microwave and brewed up a little mug of Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Apples and Cinnamon Flavor.

ZONK. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:-)

* - Thanks, in part, to a daughter who is showing a great deal of maturity, if not always the best judgment.

2 comments:

tim eisele said...

For people who don't like oatmeal*, I kind of suspect that any other food or drink that is easy, warm, tasty, and non-caffeinated would probably work. Like soup, for example.

And the microwave oven may just be the greatest household invention of the 20th century.

---
*Not me. I love oatmeal. But then again, I'll eat most anything. Here, try some fried grasshoppers . . .

K T Cat said...

Tim, according to my nutrition-expert friend, the key is the complex carbs in the oatmeal keeping your blood sugar level.