Saturday, February 02, 2013

Doing Our Part For Civilization

The Catholic Church sees marriage as a Sacrament. We do our best to preserve it and lots of people within the Church work hard to help those who are engaged, those who are remarrying and people who are struggling in their marriages. Recently, my wife and I taught our very first remarriage class.

The remarriage class is required for anyone who has been married before and is considering getting married in the Church. It covers all of the common topics that cause problems in second (or third or fourth!) marriages. We had a blast doing and will be doing it as often as our schedules allow. Today we got together with some of the other people who work in this field in the Church, all of whom were volunteers. There was a lot to it, but I'm in a hurry, so I'll just go with this for now:

It was so beautiful to be a part of this. I felt so blessed. When I met the folks who do all the administrative and organizational work, I felt like a privileged rock star. I get to go on stage and perform during the class and there's this huge network supporting my fun. At the end of the class, all of the couples told us how much they appreciated us, but they never saw all these folks.

Awesomeness squared.

The little dude in the back in the black is the Bishop. He's a real character!

No comments: