Thursday, October 23, 2014

Yes On 83!

I love election season. I love all of the ads that tell you absolutely nothing in a breathless, urgent tone. I never know what any of the initiatives are about, but I know that if I vote yes on 42, illegal alien children will be killed because they'll eat bread with gluten and if I vote no on 37, we'll continue to be bombarded by cosmic rays.

Or something like that.

I've always wanted to put a sign up in my yard, supporting a proposition that doesn't exist with a tagline that makes you go, "Huh?" I never find the time for it, so instead, I've created an image you can use to make your very own bumper stickers.

And please, if you value freedom for sparrows and other small birds, vote yes on 83.

Yes on 83. It's time for a change!
You're welcome.

4 comments:

tim eisele said...

It's particularly fun when it isn't clear what effect the "yes" or "no" vote is going to have. "A proposition to rescind the banning of the activity approved by the passage of the repeal of Public Act PA520".

(we've got one along those lines coming up in Michigan, regarding wolf hunting. I still am not quite sure whether a Yes vote would allow a wolf hunt, or ban it.)

K T Cat said...

Tim, you need to get involved now! Unless you vote yes, wolves will starve because they're no longer allowed to hunt!

Or is it that unless you vote no, wolves will be have to file hunting plans with the local prey populations?

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

Are you trying to get octopi hooked on caffeine??

Mostly Nothing said...

With Minnesota's voting record, I am so glad we don't have direct propositions. A state that would elect Jesse Ventura and Al Franken, just really isn't competent to vote.