Friday, February 10, 2017

A Farewell To Class

So Fauxcahontas tried to stop the confirmation of that crazy bigot, Jeff Sessions, by reading from a letter by Coretta Scott King. When I heard about that, I thought, "Wow. Is there anyone less relevant today than Coretta? Maybe Reagan. Or Nat King Cole. Or anyone with any class at all."

MLK is rolled out with regularity to defend a group whose popular music lyrics can't be quoted on this blog because I refuse to swear in prose. Ridiculous. Understated beauty on the order of Nancy Reagan at Ronnie's side is somehow analogous to the guttersnipe Trumps as The Donald is compared to the Gipper. Right.

Look, I love 80s heavy metal, but I also get that Ratt isn't Hoagie Carmichael. Maybe it's time we stopped getting wound up about Lady Gaga's horrific fashion and Trump's crude insults and just accept that the old days aren't here any more.

Class.
Pure class.

No comments: