Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rocking Matthew

Yesterday, I started listening to the New Testament, beginning with Matthew. Before I did, I decided to start with an anthem. This one, as a matter of fact.


It was a little act of cheery self-indulgence before starting the audiobook and then it hit me. It wasn't just a bit of fun, it was the perfect lead-in. That video is what it's all about.
This is what it is
This is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't want to fall
But I don't have to crawl
I met the One with two scarred hands
Giving Him the best of everything that's left of
The life inside this man
I've been born again
What a wonderful thing this is! It feels so good to be a part of it, particularly when I actually practice my faith like when I work at Catholic Charities downtown. I love it.

As for Matthew, he's a gas. Very terse and declarative.
God and money. YOU CAN'T SERVE BOTH! DON'T EVEN TRY IT! Now on to the next topic.
I have to smile as I listen, it's just so great. Parts sound like someone reading bullet points from PowerPoint slides.

That's enough for today. I need to get to work. Take care!

No comments: