Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Directly Stimulating The Pleasure Center Of My Brain

... is what this felt like. It is so perfect, so amazingly perfect, so transcendentally perfect that I don't know if it will be outdone this year.

From the Guardian: 'Racist' Gandhi statue banished from Ghana university campus
A statue of Mahatma Gandhi will be removed from a university campus in Ghana after professors launched a petition claiming the revered Indian independence leader and thinker was racist.
That's it. I don't think I will find anything better in 2017. I figured we would take a while to get to Gandhi and we'd have to get through George Washington and Admiral Nelson first, but no, we swung for the fences and connected!

It just goes to show what you can do if you try.

I always knew he was full of hate. 

6 comments:

Mostly Nothing said...

You did see the Atlantic article where some college professor decided that the solar eclipse was racist.


This is what people living in the real world are up against.

The word has no meaning at all anymore.

K T Cat said...

Stay where you are, hater. ANTIFA is on the way.

Foxfier said...

I vaguely remember that he was, in fact, racist-- since I object to destroying stuff out of fear of Bad Think, though, that doesn't bug me.

K T Cat said...

Foxie, I have no doubt he was. A little Googling certainly suggests that. He may well have redeemed himself later in his life, but if that doesn't work for Nathan Bedford Forrest, I can't see why it would work for Gandhi.

Out he goes!

Ohioan@Heart said...

I can't believe it. I was sure Mostly Nothing was being sarcastic. But nope, really happened. To top off the surrealist nature of it all, they published it in their "science" section.

K T Cat said...

Are you a science denier?