Saturday, September 02, 2017

Serving Feels Good

Things have been a bit ... off in the Catican Compound lately. Life's been weird and blogging an exercise in unpleasantness.

Last night, my wife and I went to a benefit for a Tijuana resource for the poor. When you say "the poor in Tijuana," you're really saying something. The benefit was put on by a bunch of my Cursillo brothers and sisters. We went and donated and had a good time, but it wasn't until I grabbed a tray and started bussing tables at the end that it really felt good.

Serving others - it's good for what ails you.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I did my monthly duty at the local State Park. It involved funny clothing and over six pounds of black powder.

Not quite the same level as your activity, but it is enlightening to serve others.