Thursday, November 30, 2017

What Do You Want Me To Do About It?

So let's agree on a couple of things. First, there are 137 genders*. Second, gender is a social construct. Third, all genders and sexes are equal.

Given that, what am I supposed to do about Pervageddon? All of the outrage is there to shame me into taking some kind of action. That's what outrage does. Why do I have to take action? That seems to be your problem, not mine. Let's take an example.

Say I'm a genderfluid digisexual - someone who isn't consistent with what part of xis sex robot xe puts where and let's say you're a questioning lagomorphophile - someone who isn't sure they love rabbits. Love in that way, not the other way, you understand. You walk into Al Franken's office and he whips out a body part best left undescribed and demands you fan it with ostrich feathers. Offended, you leave the room and then 5 years later, you start telling everyone how terrible it all was and demand that something be done.

Well, why do I have to do something? If we're all equal, what do you need me for? I was busy over here with my robot, minding my own business. I don't have anything to do with the fact that Franken likes ostriches and you might or might not like rabbits. You go work it out and leave me be.

This whole outrage thing doesn't make any sense to me. If one gender can be expected to stand up for themselves, then they all can since they are all the same even though we celebrate their differences.

Right?

The whole thing makes my head hurt. I need a beer.
* - Maybe more by the time you read this.

No comments: